Monday, January 28, 2013

Saying Goodbye and Bigfoot

With the Oregon move just a few days out, the goodbyes have begun.  Saturday night was the last of three going away nights with my crew from DC.  Saying we are a rowdy bunch might be a slight understatement.  I had told myself I would only be allowed a few cocktails due to an early morning of working horses, but before long, I had a huge rip in my pants from showing off my high kicks to a friend, then ended up wrestling a friend to the pavement outside of the bar.  Self-control has never been one of my strengths.

Last night was a wonderful evening spent with all of my siblings, their significant others, nieces, cousins, and mom.  Cocktails are an essential part of this family's gatherings.  The wine was flowing as we stuffed ourselves with mom's amazing gumbo.  Mom decided this was a good time to express her latest (of many) concerns regarding my upcoming move.  "Did you see the news?" mom asked.  She knows me well enough, that unless TMZ is considered news, the answer would be no.  "They have sound proof... (overly dramatic pause)... that Bigfoot is alive and is in Oregon.  You need to be careful."

Apparently, the residents of the Umatilla Indian Reservation have had many sleepless nights, due to loud screams coming from the local swamp.  I listened to the audio, and I was convinced.  After we said our goodbyes, I decided to do some research of my own.  I did all kinds of google searches, and after seeing photos, video, and audio, I am a believer.  
Oh snap, gurl's got some stamina!
I haven't told my future roommate this yet, but I now feel like I have a new calling in life.  I want to discover Bigfoot.  I've always been fascinated by large hairy men, so this just seems to fit.  I found a website dedicated to making Bigfoot traps, and my first line of business in Oregon is going to be just that... to catch myself a boyfriend, I mean a Bigfoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment